Monday 2 May 2011

Cardboard Animal Sculpture

Process Photos

 





Final Photos





Questions

1. I really had a hard time choosing what to do in this project. I was perplexed as to which kind of animal to choose and wether to do a head or a full body. I decided to do a lemur and only the head. I then drew the head from the side cut it out twice and began work. It was then just a matter of putting in the slots, ears and eyed. Figuring out the shape was the hardest part (especially because there were not many pictures of a side view lemur). The skill I really developed was my cutting. Before this project I was a mess with scissors, after practice and learning that doing it over twice is better than jabbing hard I improved.

2. My piece is attached to a back board which holds it up. I used different size slots to make the curve on a lemurs head, the form of the slots was key. The space between the two cut outs is what makes look 3D. Finally the lines throughout the piece define its shape. This is how I used line, form, and space to create my piece

No comments:

Post a Comment